The school governors are people who want to make a positive contribution to the education of all the children at Manor Farm Community Junior School; they are all volunteers and have an important part to play in raising school standards. The role of the governing body is absolutely key to the effectiveness of a school. Time and time again Ofsted (the national inspection body for schools) has noted that the most effective schools demonstrate effective leadership and management – including by the governing body.
School governors provide strategic leadership and accountability in the school. Governors appoint the head teacher and deputy headteacher. It is governors who hold the main responsibility for finance in schools, and it is governors who work with the Headteacher to make the tough decisions about balancing resources. Please see our Governor_impact_summary_2015_16 to find out how we have helped to move our school forward.
The school governing body comprises of the following people and can be contacted via the school office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Mr Nick Hunt (Chair of Governors), Mrs Mandy Lewis (Vice-Chair of Governors) & Mrs Ann Downie (Clerk)
- Mr Graham Innes (Chair of Finance & Resources) & Mrs Ellie Cheshire (Chair of Teaching & Learning)
- Mrs Jane Mediratta, Mrs Ana Buron, Mr Nick Bayley, Ms Helen Matthews, Mr David Teasdale, Ms Penny McCullough
- Mr Andrew Sierant, Mrs Gemma Hillier, Ms Rebecca Atkinson
- Mr Stuart Cook (Associate governor)
Governor Roles and a Register of Interests
|Name||Type||Role||Committee||Responsibility||Start Date||End of Office||Meetings *||Business Interests||Relevant Relations|
|Nick Hunt||Co-opt||Chair||PRC||Development, School Council, Safeguarding, Performance Management 9Head)||24/11/14||23/11/18||9||None||None|
|Mandy Lewis||Parent||Vice Chair||T&L||Pupil Premium & Sports||01/10/14||30/09/18||9||None||None|
|Graham Innes||Co-opt||Chair Finance & Resources (F&R)||F&R, PRC||Performance Management (Head)||24/11/14||23/11/18||10||None||None|
|Nick Bayley||Co-opt||Chair Pay Review Committee (PRC)||F&R, PRC||Health & Safety||24/11/14||23/11/18||8 (3)||None||None|
|Ellie Cheshire||Co-opt||Chair Teaching & Learning (T&L)||T&L, PRC||Eco Council, Equalities, SEND, Performance Management (Head)||24/11/14||23/11/18||11||Bucks Learning Trust||None|
|Ana Buron||Parent||F&R||Computing, PSHE/SMSC, Modern Foreign Languages.||01/10/14||30/09/18||8 (2)||None||None|
|David Teasdale||Co-opt||T&L||Science||28/09/15||27/09/19||8 (1)||None||None|
|Helen Matthews||Co-opt||T&L||Maths||25/01/16||24/01/20||5 (2)||None||None|
|Andrew Sierant||Head||T&L, F&R, PRC||01/01/14||31/12/24||12||None||None|
|Stuart Cook||Assoc.||19/11/13||18/11/17||5 (1)||None||None|
|Ann Downie||LA Clerk||Clerk||Clerk to FGB, Finance & Resources Committees||20/11/01||7||None||None|
|Helen Brown||Parent||T&L||Stepped Down July 2016||01/10/14||21/07/16||X (x)||None||None|
|Claire Light||Staff||Finance, Resources||End of Term (not re-elected)||12/07/12||11/07/16||6 (3)||None||None|
|N. Howard||Co-opt||Finance, Resources||Stepped Down Sept 2015||24/11/14||28/09/15||n/a||None||None|
|Wendy Terry||LA||Vice Chair||T&L||Stepped Down July 2015||1/09/12||30/06/15||n/a||None||None|
|Gail Chappell||Co-opt||T&L||Stepped Down Nov 2014||25/3/14||23/11/14||n/a||None||None|
- Associate Members are given voting rights at committee meetings to the extent allowed by regulations (Autumn 2013)
- Employee Grievance, Complaints Panel, Pay Review & Staff Dismissal Appeal Committees are made up of any three Governors with no prior knowledge called on by the Chair of Governors.
- Business Interests are Directorships, partnerships and employments with businesses that provide goods or services to the school and details of any other educational establishments governed.
- Relevant Relations are those between governors and members of the school staff including spouses, partners and relatives.
- All Terms of Office are 4 years
- Meetings* = Number of scheduled committee meetings carried out (and those missed in brackets) in last school year
Full Governing Body Meetings
We are more than happy for parents to gain a better understanding of the issues and outcomes of our meetings. Dates and non-confidential minutes of this year’s Full Governing Body meetings are below.