Year 5 Information for the last week of term
- Next week we will be performing in our school Christmas play “It’s Christmas!”. There will be performances on Monday afternoon and on the evenings of Tuesday and Wednesday. Children are expected to attend all performances.
Please can you make sure you have your costume at school on Monday. Children will be wearing their school shoes for performances. Costumes will need to stay at school until all performances are finished. Children are expected to be back at school at 6pm on Tuesday and Wednesday evening ready for the start of the performance at 6.30pm. The performance should last about an hour so afterwards please pick up all Year 5 children from the 5A classroom. Thank you.
2. On Thursday 19th December, the last day of the term, children are allowed to bring in a game to play with – ideally a game that can be shared with 2 or 3 other pupils. No valuable or electronic games please.
3. There will be no compulsory homework until the start of the new term in January, apart from the first list of statutory Year 5 and 6 words which the children need to learn. These are very challenging. To help you learn these break them down into syllables. You will be tested on these in the second week of the new term – in the first week we will do some activities based on these to help you remember them.
The school is running an optional Reading Challenge for the holiday – read and review three books. The review booklets are available in the library and you will receive a certificate and a nice book mark if you complete this. The Christmas hols is a great time to curl up and have a good read!.
4. Next week we are going to do some Christmas Art and Craft. Do you have any of these resources at home which you could bring to school?:
Cotton wool balls or pleats
Striped wrapping paper (not Christmassy)
5. Thank you to all those who have signed the slip to say they would like to be part of Energise – we can confirm that you can all take part. We have a few places left if you are still interested. Please let us know by the end of term.
6. We will be watching the Disney film Brave and the Nativity films at points during the week.
As this is your last week before the Christmas holidays, we thought that we would make our Maths homework for this week have a Christmas theme. You can write your answers on the sheet.
You must continue to read and update your Home School Books. We will be looking at them on Monday and will be choosing our reader of the week.
You must also continue to practice your times tables.
Have a lovely weekend.